Friday, August 3, 2012

pin me happy

HOLY CUPCAKE CATASTROPHE!

I utterly bombed a batch of cupcakes this morning.  There I was, mixing up some banana goodness in my jammies listening to One Direction.  (Get up, Get up, Get Outta My Head!)  Feeling good...like my cupcakes were going to be that ONE THING.  Next THING you know, I pull these grody cupcakes out of the oven.  Seriously awful.   I can't even put up a picture, I am so ashamed.  What disaster!  What misery!  They taste like cardboard muffins!  I don't even like cardboard!  How do I blog about cardboard????

I put my feelings aside and said BUMP THIS.  I'm going to write about something fabulous.  In fact, why not write about someONE fabulous?  My Best Friend!!

We have so much in common, it's a little bit obnoxious.  We've been best friends for the last hundred years.  We love birthdays, pink, wine, chocolate, cupcakes, chocolate cupcakes, reading books on the beach, shopping...and generally being pretty awesome.  She's the reason I'm cool today and how I know all the words to the music of RENT.  We share the same sense of humor and, let's face it...she thinks I'm funny...I think she's funny.  We keep each other around.  There aren't too many things that set us apart.  In fact, our differences are not so great at all.  She drinks Coke, I drink Diet.  She says pregnant, I say preggers.  And bestie.  And other shortened words that I think make her eyeballs twitch.  Whatev.

She also likes Pinteresting.  Did I say like?  I meant LOVE.  Who am I kidding?  I do too!  Except, she actually manages to keep her boards full and updated.  Unlike me.  I get so excited about the crafting and baking I could be doing in my life that I forget to repin.  A travesty of our times, I know.

Last weekend she sent me a picture of some cute-a-licious sprinkle pancakes (she probably won't like that word either).  I asked her if she PIN-ed her own creation.  To which she replied no.  What?  All these super adorbs creations and not a pin to her name?  I told her that I would dedicate a blog to her fabulousness so she could pin it all day till the cows come home!!

Great Pinterest Moments In The Life of My Bestie


Say hello to our BEACH JUICE.  Named Beach Juice if only for the simple reason that we could not force our creative minds to think of something better.  Also, we totally drank the whole thing ourselves...maybe it was that.  NOTE:  Awesome bestie substituted blackberries as the fruit.  
Follow suit and prepare to be wowed.
(Find Recipe HERE)


Wake Up!  Good Morning WAFFLE MAKER CINNAMON ROLLS!  My BF got married this year and therefore is ridiculously stocked in the kitchen gadget department.  This includes a fancy waffle maker (not to be confused with FANCY, the ice cream maker).  She found this super amazing pin on how to make cinnamon rolls in the waffle maker.  AWESOME!  Another reason to love breakfast with the bestie.  Also, don't be afraid to leave the rolls in for a bit or they turn out gooey.  Unless you like gooey.  
Like we do.  Then go on with your bad self.

(Find Directions HERE)



Holla at these Cute-a-Licious SPRINKLE PANCAKES!  Can you tell we love breakfast?  We also love bacon.  Turkey bacon...actually, where is the bacon in this picture?  There's something wrong.
This sprinkle picture also reminds me of one of our favorite Secret Indulgence Desserts (so wrong, but so right)...the Zaxby's Birthday Cake Milkshake.  Which, I should point out, only comes around in the summer...when our birthdays just happen to be.  Coincidence?  I think not.

(Find Recipe HERE)



Keep yourself posted to my blog for more PIN-tastic links courtesy of my very best friend.  LOVE her!  Give your bestie a hug and tell her (or him) why they ROCK today!

xo,
the unsolicited baker
(bestie of the coolest pinner around)




No comments:

Post a Comment