Thursday, September 6, 2012

a love story about cupcakes (just kidding)

It feels like 400 years since the last time I was able to post on this little blog of mine.  You see, I've been quite busy.  Working.  Traveling.  Eating cake.  

And, you know, like ...

GETTING  ENGAGED! 
(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Holy Moly!  I can't stop smiling.  I can't stop talking like Oprah!  I most certainly can't stop using exclamation points after every single one of my sentences!  I'm too excited!  Too happy!  Too In (Mushy Make-You-Want-To-Throw-Up-Your-Lunch) LOOOOOVE.  



It's official!  The Boyfriend has become the FIANCE!  Doesn't that sound so Fancy??  I do think that word sounds a might pretentious for my taste, so I like to pronounce it like Honey Boo Boo:

FEE - YAWN - SAY

See?  Much better.

So...here's how it happened.

I was SURPRISED.  Seriously.  Earlier that day one of my co-workers asked me when he was going to ring me up.  I totally replied, "Oh, you know, I don't know ... like, maybe next year?"  Nope.  Not true.  He definitely did it before dinner.  My stud muffin had been conspiring for 10 days!  He chatted with my Dad, planned with his smooth moves with his sister.  I just couldn't believe how long he kept it a secret!  

We were SUPPOSED to go out to dinner with his sister and her husband (all lies).  So, I put on a cute dress and didn't eat much all day in preparation.  We walk out the door of his house to go meet them for the fake dinner and there they were just sitting in their car on the road.  Strange.  Well, of course I was just so excited to see them that I started waving and saying hey.  Next thing I know my love was on his knee with the sweetest, most beautiful ring ever.  (PLUS he picked it out ALL by himself!!)



And I totally didn't get it.  I was THAT surprised.  I'm sure it was one of those awkward moments for the history books.  I looked at him.  Looked at the ring.  Looked at him.

Ooooooooooh.

There were these adorable signs in the yard that said Will You Marry Me?  And that's when I started to tear up.  Boo-Hoo.  Weep like a little baby.  UGLY cry.  I think I said yes through the snuffles, but I'm not really sure.  His sister got out of the car to take pictures of us and I'm all sweaty, crying and just plain happy.  (Lesson learned.  Always keep concealer in your purse.  You will NEVER anticipate when you will get engaged or start ugly crying.)  Also, I think I might need a manicure with all these people looking at my hands...



How lucky am I to be marrying this man?!?!?!



I am beyond happy and will be posting all sorts of lovey dovey crap that will  make you want to ralph.  But, you know what?  I don't care!  I reach for everything with my left hand.  I will tell you about my first engaged Diet Coke.  My first engaged Saturday.  My first engaged brunch (ruined by a bomb threat...another story for another day).  I'm going to watch Father of the Bride and channel my inner Franck.  I'm going to Pinterest for hours until my phone dies.  I'm going to blind you with my fabulous ring until you need Band-Aids for your eyeballs.  What time is it?  Oh, it's Engagement O'Clock.  Also, I am going to do my very best to avoid any vicious Engagement-Zilla moments.  You're welcome in advance.  

So, get ready readers!  I've got lots of yummy recipes and sappy love moments coming your way!

xo,
the ENGAGED unsolicited baker

3 comments:

  1. Yay! I can't wait to read the lovey-dovey ones! And I teared up again reading this, even though I already knew the story. Lol...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed not being able to give my baby girl a congratulations hug, jump and down and scream and cry and admire her ring in person!!! Although, I did cry and said "Oh my God" about a hundred times on the phone, enough to scare Emily's grandmother!

    So very, very, very happy for you, sweety :) God Bless you and Ryan! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete